Real Houswives’ Kelly Killoren Bensimon Diet and Fashion Secrets: I Can Make You HOT!
Kelly Killoren Bensimon arrived at Chris Burch’s C. Wonder boutique on Main Street in Southampton on Saturday to sign her new book “I Can Make You HOT!”
You have to love an event where the first person standing in line is an aging man in a polo to buy “I Can Make You HOT!.” He was a bit surprised to find out it was about dieting. Rubbing herself in honey is, alas, only Kelly’s skin softening trick.
It is admittedly hard to resist the allure of the long-legged, bright-smiled beauty in person. While Kelly admits in the book, “I don’t want to pretend that I’m ‘just like you.’ To do that would be disingenuous, and you wouldn’t believe me anyway,” she does share her experience as an athlete, model, and mother to lead a healthy and happy life.
As she notes, “If you think people aren’t attracted or drawn to you, it’s not because you aren’t skinny; it’s because you aren’t fun.” She also advocates turning off the electronics and getting active in the world, “Human contact is HOT; texting is not!”
Here are few secret fashion tips Kelly revealed to HipHamptons.com:
- “Pearls are hot! I wore pearls a lot on the Real House Wives.”
- “Wear jeans a size smaller.” (Well okay but beware of the danger of popping a button which flies across the room and blinds the Pug.)
- “Go for small, fitted blazers. If your arms look thin, it makes your boobs look bigger.”
- “Triangle bathing suits are the most flattering.”
Here are a few diet tips she shared with us:
- “Treat your body like a Ferrari which needs premium fuel.”
- “The rule is six days on and one day off. Every time someone tells me not to do something I have to do it. So Sunday is indulge day.”
- “Do one thing for yourself and one thing for someone else every day.”
- “Drugs don’t work. Diet fads don’t work. Liquid diets don’t work. Eating Kleenex to make yourself feel full does not work. (wow never even heard of that one!) Eat – just think about how you eat. Exercise, sleep and be fun.”
Also know that there is such a thing as too thin. Kelly describes herself as a “skinny bag of anxiety-starved bones” after Season 3 of The Real Housewives of NYC. “I never in a million years thought I’d become the victim of a story line. But the press went to town with an assumption, and I was a mess as a result.”
She talks about the stress of “Going through a divorce, being sued, and having your integrity defamed by strangers on national television.” However her final verdict on the reality series is, “While it wasn’t always fun and games, to put it mildly, I have absolutely no regrets.” She even thanks Jill Zarin in her acknowledgments.
Things you would be surprised to know about Kelly:
- Dolly Parton tops her playlist
- She never dines out late and turns off her phone at 10pm
- She lost out on the top spot of a national modeling contest at sixteen to Cindy Crawford
- She eats pancakes (albeit made with soy milk) with her hands
- High heels are part of her workout routine, a boost to her ballet squats
- Kelly never skips a meal
- Prenatal are her vitamins of choice
- She graced the cover of Playboy at 41
- Truffle oil is her favorite ingredient – lots of taste without the calories
- She has enormous butt envy of Khloé Kardashian
The book is also full of recipes – Our Hip Hamptons pick? Pasta With Oddkavodka Sauce