Top Ten Reasons to Attend James Beard Foundation Chefs & Champagne® Saturday July 23
1) Hot Chefs – Emeril Lagasse is being honored.
2) Cold Bubbly – This year the Exclusive Champagne Sponsor is Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte – we’ve got a big crush on their Brut Rose.
3) Delectible Nibbles – Over 40 first class chefs will be offering tastes of their famous fare – note this is no time to wear white – designer bibs optional.
4) Amazing Silent Auction – Go often and early… and just before they close the bidding to win culinary adventures, five star travel, and food and wine packages.
5) Beautiful Vineyard – You have the chance to tour a little bit of Italy in the Hamptons and see who will win the Christian Wolffer Scholarship named for the much missed vineyard owner.
6) Pairings – And not just the bubbly and wine with the delicious morsels. If you’re looking to mingle in the sophisticated social set this is your destination. Everyone knows love springs from fine food and wine.
7) James Beard Foundation – if you are a foodie you need to be a card carrying member. This is just one of a number of amazing culinary events and you get a discounted ticket price if you are a member. Money raised helps fund the future of the next great chefs.
8) The Goodie Bag - We know the amazing goodie bag has gone the way of the Blue Footed Boobie Bird at most fundraisers but this event retains its high standards.
9) Making it personal - How often would you have the chance to converse with just one of these amazing chefs let alone 40. This is your close up moment to ask questions, show appreciation, and revel in the gastronomic glory.
10) Joie de vie – If everything under this tent doesn’t make you happy – you need to seek out medication.
Chefs & Champagne® New York’s main event will take place from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Saturday, July 23, and is open to the public—reservations are $200 for James Beard Foundation members and $275 for non members. General admission includes all tastings, silent auction bidding opportunities and gift bag. VIP Experience admission, beginning at 4:30 pm, is $375 for James Beard Foundation members and non members. VIP tables of 10 are available for $3,500. The VIP experience includes an additional exclusive hour of access to all tastings, reserved table seating, silent auction pre-bidding opportunities, gift bag and invitation to VIP After-Party. Reservations can be made by calling (212) 627-2308 or at www.jamesbeard.org/chefsandchampagne. To become a member of the James Beard Foundation, click here.
Wolffer Estate Vineyard, 139 Sagg Road, Sagaponack NY (631) 537-5106 www.wolffer.com